Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Years

The first picture is taken from a lookout over the city. Jorge and I went to watch the city firework show at 10 last night. Unfortunately our view was ubstructed by a large hill but we were able to see a ton of other fireworks going off all over the rest of the city. The other pictures are of ano viejo, which the peoe burn as a symbol of the previous year. It used to be that people would burn fake people but now they make all different kinds of them. I saw probably every Disney character, super hero, and muscle man you could think of as ano viejos. I was with Stella at midnight because all the fireworks & firecrackers were crazy loud and it woke her up. She handled it really well I thought she might be really scared but she wasn't I think she was just more surprised by all the sounds she could hear outside. Of course once she was awake it was so hard to get her back to sleep. Happy new year!!!! 
U


No comments: