Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sabbath Day

I ❤️ Sundays!! I'm so grateful that at the beginning of this world God felt it was necessary to command us to take a day of rest. He knew how crazy busy his children would be and how much we would benefit from setting aside one day of the week to worship Him and rest from our daily cares. I love how slow Sundays feel, the unhurried time around the dinner table and  an afternoon nap. Honoring the sabbath day is a treat for me in this hurried world we live in.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I agree with you. When I was young I didn't appreciate it as much. I begin to see how wonderful it was to give myself permission to not do all the things I do every other day. It is hard for me to slow down. But on Sunday it is commanded and so we must choose to obey. It is wonderful to study more, rest, visit folks who need a visit etc. Thank thee Heavenly Father for help us to remember Thee and rest from the daily labors and do things that are more important.