Friday, September 5, 2014

Vivian Park

Stella hasn't been taking naps lately, well at least in her bed (the minute she gets in the car she's asleep). I thought that it was just something that was happening at grandmas house because that's when it started but no, it's carried on at our house too. Man I rely miss those couple of hours of alone time in the afternoon. It was a mental and a physical break. She is SO busy and into everything as a two year old is but when you are trying to get your home together after just moving it can be frustrating. Lately when I feel frustrated w/ the fact that I can't get as much accomplished as I would like I go do something fun with her. We walk to the park, I play w/ her or we go somewhere. It makes such a difference, she loves it, I stop forcing something that isn't working and we are all happier because of it. Tonight I was looking at a friends blog and observed how grown up her kids are, sometimes it's easier to see other kids growth than your own. I remember when her kids were babies and now her oldest is in high school. Life flies by and I want Stella to have an amazing, wonderful childhood, one that she can look back on and smile. Today we left to run errands in the afternoon and she fell asleep so I decided to just take a drive and let her sleep and not be frustrated about the fact that I would have to wake her up and carry her into the store and that she would be grumpy. I drove up Provo canyon and while I was enjoying the scenery I noticed a sign for Vivian park. This is the place that President Monson's family had a cabin and he grew up going there every summer. It's a tiny little community tucked in at the base of the mountains and adjacent to the Provo River. It's really quiet and peaceful there. When Pres. Monson's talks about it it's with so much fondness, I love that. Stella won't remember that she nearly killed her mom by stopping to take naps at an early age but she will remember the fun times we spend together. 

No comments: