Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Family Scripture Study

In Ecuador we were challenged by our church leaders to read the scriptures as a family for 15minutes each day. We had been reading roughly a verse or two a day w/ Stella as our family study prior to this challenge. But because Stella is so young and there is no way we could keep her focused on scriptures for 15 minutes a day Jorge and I decided we would keep reading to Stella a couple verses of scripture a day and that we would read as a couple for 15minutes. Tonight at the end of our study I snapped this picture because I just felt so much love in my heart for Jorge and this 15 minutes we spend together a day. This little snippit of time I have come to cherish (I need to say that not every time is perfect, sometimes we are so tired) Jorge's time is SO limited these days that this is time where we are able to reconnect and is almost as if because we are being obedient and reading the word of God that as our hearts turn to Him they are also knit together in love for each other. I know it might sound cheesy but it happens night after night. There is so much power in reading the scriptures as a couple. 

No comments: